- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- CONJUGATE: Violet-450
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow
- SPECIFICITY: The OKT8 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with human CD8alpha molecule, a tyPEI transmembrane glycoprotein of 32-34 kDa.
- PURIFICATION: The monoclonal antibody was purified utilizing affinity chromatography and unreacted dye was removed from the product.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: MouseIgG2a
- PHYSICAL STATE: liquid
- BUFFER: Phosphate-buffered aqueous solution, ≤0.09% Sodium azide, may contain carrier protein/stabilizer, ph7.2.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The product should be stored undiluted at 4°C and should be protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD8A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD8, MAL, p32, Leu2, CD8A
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 925
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The OKT8 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with human CD8alpha molecule, a tyPEI transmembrane glycoprotein of 32-34 kDa. CD8alpha is a member of the Ig superfamily, expressed as a homodimer (CD8alphaalpha) or as a heterodimer (CD8alphabeta). CD8+ alphabeta T lymphocytes express both CD8alphaalpha and CD8alphabeta, while some T lymphocytes and the natural killer cells express only the homodimers. CD8 binds to MHC class I and influences the development and the activation of T lymphocytes.OKT8, RPA-T8, and HIT8a antibodies do not compete with each other for binding to peripheral leukocytes, meaning that that they do not recognize the same epitoPEor block each other by steric hindrance.BG Violet 450 conjugate is an alternative to the Pacific Blue, eFluor 450, or BD Horizon V450 dyes. It is excited by the violet (405 nm) laser, with a peak emission of 450nm.
- 1: Sayos, J., Wu, C., Morra, M., Wang, N., Zhang, X., Allen, D., ... Terhorst, C. (1998). The X-linked lymphoproliferative-disease gene product SAP regulates signals induced through the co-receptor SLAM.Nature,395(6701), 462-469.
- 2: Thomas, Y., Sosman, J., Irigoyen, O., Friedman, S. M., Kung, P. C., Goldstein, G., Chess, L. (1980). Functional analysis of human T cell subsets defined by monoclonal antibodies. I. Collaborative TT interactions in the immunoregulation of B cell differentiation.The Journal of Immunology,125(6), 2402-2408.
- 3: Campanelli, R., Palermo, B., Garbelli, S., Mantovani, S., Lucchi, P., Necker, A., ... Giachino, C. (2002). Human CD8 coreceptor is strictly involved in MHCpeptide tetramerTCR binding and T cell activation.International immunology,14(1), 39-44.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 76-661
- Size: 25 tests
- List Price: $220.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin