- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- CONJUGATE: FITC
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow
- SPECIFICITY: The OKT8 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with human CD8alpha molecule, a tyPEI transmembrane glycoprotein of 32-34 kDa.
- PURIFICATION: The monoclonal antibody was purified utilizing affinity chromatography and unreacted dye was removed from the product.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: MouseIgG2a
- PHYSICAL STATE: liquid
- BUFFER: Phosphate-buffered aqueous solution, ≤0.09% Sodium azide, may contain carrier protein/stabilizer, ph7.2.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The product should be stored undiluted at 4°C and should be protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD8A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD8, MAL, p32, Leu2, CD8A
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 925
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The OKT8 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with human CD8alpha molecule, a tyPEI transmembrane glycoprotein of 32-34 kDa. CD8alpha is a member of the Ig superfamily, expressed as a homodimer (CD8alphaalpha) or as a heterodimer (CD8alphabeta). CD8+ alphabeta T lymphocytes express both CD8alphaalpha and CD8alphabeta, while some T lymphocytes and the natural killer cells express only the homodimers. CD8 binds to MHC class I and influences the development and the activation of T lymphocytes.OKT8, RPA-T8, and HIT8a antibodies do not compete with each other for binding to peripheral leukocytes, meaning that that they do not recognize the same epitoPEor block each other by steric hindrance.
- 1: Sayos, J., Wu, C., Morra, M., Wang, N., Zhang, X., Allen, D., ... Terhorst, C. (1998). The X-linked lymphoproliferative-disease gene product SAP regulates signals induced through the co-receptor SLAM.Nature,395(6701), 462-469.
- 2: Thomas, Y., Sosman, J., Irigoyen, O., Friedman, S. M., Kung, P. C., Goldstein, G., Chess, L. (1980). Functional analysis of human T cell subsets defined by monoclonal antibodies. I. Collaborative TT interactions in the immunoregulation of B cell differentiation.The Journal of Immunology,125(6), 2402-2408.
- 3: Campanelli, R., Palermo, B., Garbelli, S., Mantovani, S., Lucchi, P., Necker, A., ... Giachino, C. (2002). Human CD8 coreceptor is strictly involved in MHCpeptide tetramerTCR binding and T cell activation.International immunology,14(1), 39-44.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 76-663
- Size: 25 tests
- List Price: $185.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.