- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- CONJUGATE: FITC
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow
- SPECIFICITY: The Hit8a monoclonal antibody reacts with the human CD8a molecule, a 32 kDa cell surface receptor expressed either as a heterodimer (CD8 alpha/beta) or as a homodimer (CD8 alpha/alpha) on the majority of thymocytes, a subpopulation of mature T cells, and natural killer cells.
- PURIFICATION: The monoclonal antibody was purified utilizing affinity chromatography and unreacted dye was removed from the product.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: Mouse IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: liquid
- BUFFER: Phosphate-buffered aqueous solution, ≤0.09% Sodium azide, may contain carrier protein/stabilizer, ph7.2.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The product should be stored undiluted at 4°C and should be protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD8A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD8, MAL, p32, Leu2, CD8A
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 925
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The Hit8a monoclonal antibody reacts with the human CD8a molecule, a 32 kDa cell surface receptor expressed either as a heterodimer (CD8 alpha/beta) or as a homodimer (CD8 alpha/alpha) on the majority of thymocytes, a subpopulation of mature T cells, and natural killer cells. CD8 interacts with the major histocompatibility complex class I (MHC class I) molecules on antigen-presenting cells or epithelial cells. The Hit8a antibody reacts with 13-48% of peripheral lymphocytes, 80% of thymocytes, and a subset of natural killer cells. HIT8a, RPA-T8, and OKT8 antibodies do not compete with each other for binding to peripheral leukocytes, meaning that that they do not recognize the same epitope or block each other by steric hindrance.
- 1: Schlossman, S., L. Bloumsell, et al. eds (1995). Leucocyte Typing V: White Cell Differentiation Antigens. Oxford University Press. New York
- 2: Barclay, A. N., Brown, M. H., Law, S. A. K. A., McKnight, A. J., Tomlinson, M. G., van der Merwe, P. A. (1997).The leucocyte antigen factsbook. Academic Press.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 76-641
- Size: 25 tests
- List Price: $155.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.