- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Chicken, Guinea Fowl, Pigeon, Turkey
- IMMUNOGEN: Chicken thymocytes and Ig-negative blood leukocytes
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow
- APPLICATION NOTE: CD8a Antibody [CT-8] for use in flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry / immunocytochemistry, immunoprecipitation, and blocking assays.
- SPECIFICITY: CD8alpha
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in borate buffered saline, pH 8.2; No preservatives or amine-containing buffer salts added
- CONCENTRATION: 0.5 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store vial at 2-8°C
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD8A
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 403158
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- In the chicken, the CD8 molecule is present in two forms - (i) a homodimer of two alpha chains and (ii) a heterodimer of an alpha chain and a beta chain. While the vast majority of CD8+ cells in the thymus, spleen, and blood of adult chickens express both CD8alpha- and CD8beta-chains, a relatively large proportion of the CD8+ TCRgammadelta cells in the spleens of embryos and young chicks express only the alpha-chain of CD8. Among intestinal epithelial lymphocytes, the major CD8+ T cell populations present in mice are conserved but there is a population of TCRgammadelta CD8alphabeta cells in the chicken that is not found in rodents. Chicken CD8 is expressed on approximately 80% of thymocytes, 15% of blood mononuclear cells, and 50% of spleen cells but less than 1% of cells in the bursa and bone marrow. The monoclonal antibody CT-8 recognizes the CD8alpha chain and has been shown to react to a polymorphic determinant in turkey.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 99-212
- Size: 0.5 mg
- List Price: $405.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.