- HOST SPECIES: Rat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- CONJUGATE: PE
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow
- SPECIFICITY: The 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with Ly-2, the 38 kDa alpha chain, and with Lyt-2, the 34 kDa alpha’ chain, of the mouse CD8 antigen.
- PURIFICATION: The monoclonal antibody was purified utilizing affinity chromatography and unreacted dye was removed from the product.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rat IgG2a, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: liquid
- BUFFER: Phosphate-buffered aqueous solution, ≤0.09% Sodium azide, may contain carrier protein/stabilizer, ph7.2.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The product should be stored undiluted at 4°C and should be protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Cd8a
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Ly-2, Ly-B, Ly-35, Lyt-2, BB154331, Cd8a
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 12525
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with Ly-2, the 38 kDa alpha chain, and with Lyt-2, the 34 kDa alpha’ chain, of the mouse CD8 antigen. The alpha’ chain is the truncated form of alpha chain, encoded by the same CD8a gene. In CD8a, the alpha and alpha’ chains form heterodimers with CD8b (the beta chains) or homodimers (alpha-alpha), which occur as receptors on the surface of the majority of thymocytes. A subpopulation of mature T lymphocytes expresses the CD8 alpha beta (alpha beta TCR T cells), and a subpopulation of intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes and dendritic cells express CD8a without CD8b.CD8 interacts with the mouse major histocompatibility complex class I (MHC class I) molecules on antigen-presenting cells or epithelial cells. Its function seems to be to attenuate the CD8-mediated signal for the stimulation of intrathymic T-cell maturation.The 53-6.7 antibody is useful for depleting CD8+ peripheral T lymphocytes. It cross reacts with the alpha- and alpha’-like polypeptides on some thymic and peripheral lymphocytes.
- 1: Ledbetter, J. A., Herzenberg, L. A. (1979). Xenogeneic Monoclonal Antibodies to Mouse Lymphoid Differentiation Antigens*.Immunological reviews,47(1), 63-90.
- 2: Ledbetter, J. A., Rouse, R. V., Micklem, H. S., Herzenberg, L. A. (1980). T cell subsets defined by expression of Lyt-1, 2, 3 and Thy-1 antigens. Two-parameter immunofluorescence and cytotoxicity analysis with monoclonal antibodies modifies current views.The Journal of experimental medicine,152(2), 280-295.
- 3: Hathcock, K. (1991). T cell enrichment by cytotoxic elimination of B cells and accessory cells.Current protocols in immunology, 3-3.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 76-689
- Size: 0.5 mg
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin