- HOST SPECIES: Rat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Spleen cells or thymocyte membranes
- CONJUGATE: APC-Cy5.5
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IP, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CD8a Antibody [53-6.7] for use in flow cytometry assays.
- SPECIFICITY: CD8alpha
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2a
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS/NaN3 and a stabilizing agent
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store vial at 2-8°C
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Cd8a
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Ly-2, Lyt-2, Ly-35, Ly-B, T8
- Protein Accession Number: P01731
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 12525
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- In the mouse, CD8 exists in two forms – (i) a CD8 heterodimer composed of an alpha chain (CD8alpha) and a beta chain (CD8beta); and (ii) a homodimer of two alpha chains. The heterodimer is found on the surface of essentially all thymocytes and the “suppressor/cytotoxic” subpopulation of mature T lymphocytes. Subsets of intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes express CD8alpha without CD8beta. It has been suggested that CD8+beta- T cells mature extrathymically, while development of the CD8alpha+beta+ population of T cells is thymus-dependent. CD8 acts as a coreceptor with MHC Class I-restricted T cell receptors in antigen recognition and positive selection of MHC class I-restricted CD8+ T cells. In vivo and in vitro treatment with the 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody effectively depletes CD8alpha+ cells. The 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody also blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 98-624
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $455.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.