- SPECIES: Cynomolgus monkey
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala 19 - His 240
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 27.3 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD86
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD86, B7-2, B70, CD28LG2, LAB72, MGC34413
- Protein Accession Number: Q9BDM4
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 714390
- Cluster of Differentiation 86 (CD86) is also known as B-lymphocyte activation antigen B7-2, is a type I membrane protein that is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, and is constitutively expressed on interdigitating dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, peripheral blood dendritic cells, memory B cells, and germinal center B cells. Additionally, B72 is expressed at low levels on monocytes and can be upregulated through interferon γ. CD86 is the ligand for two different proteins on the T cell surface: CD28 (for autoregulation and intercellular association) and CTLA-4 (for attenuation of regulation and cellular disassociation). CD86 works in tandem with CD80 to prime T cells. Recent study has revealed that B7-2 promotes the generation of a mature APC repertoire and promotes APC function and survival. Furthermore, the B7 proteins are also involved in innate immune responses by activating NF-κB-signaling pathway in macrophages. CD86 thus is regarded as a promising candidate for immune therapy. CD86+ macrophages in Hodgkin lymphoma patients are an independent marker for potential nonresponse to firstline-therapy.
- 1: Chen C, et al., 1994, J. Immunol. 152 (10): 4929–36.
- 2: Yadav, D. et al., 2007, J. Immunol. 178: 6236-6241.
- 3: Steidl C, et al., 2010, N. Engl. J. Med. 362 (10): 875–85.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-120
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.