- HOST SPECIES: Rat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: DMSO induced Friend erythroleukemia 745.6
- CONJUGATE: FITC
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow
- APPLICATION NOTE: CD71 Antibody [RI7217] for use in flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry, and western blotting assays.
- SPECIFICITY: CD71
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2a
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS/NaN3
- CONCENTRATION: 0.5 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store vial at 2-8°C
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Tfrc
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: T9, transferrin receptor, TfR
- Protein Accession Number: Q62351
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 22042
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CD71, a type II transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on the cell surface as a homodimer, is the transferrin receptor. It is essential for the growth of normal and neoplastic cells. It is expressed at low levels on resting B and T lymphocytes but is upregulated during responses to antigens and mitogens presumably reflecting the iron dependence of proliferation. Its expression declines with maturation and differentiation. CD71 plays a critical role in cell proliferation by controlling the supply of iron which is essential for many metabolic pathways through the binding and endocytosis of transferrin, the major iron-carrying protein. It may also be involved in signal transduction via its association with the T cell receptor ζ chain. The monoclonal antibody RI7217 inhibits cell proliferation in vitro.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 98-836
- Size: 0.5 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin