- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: His 18 - Glu 398
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 42.5 kDa. The protein migrates as 60-90 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 42.5 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD6,TP120,T12
- Protein Accession Number: NP_006716.3
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 923
- CD6 (Cluster of Differentiation 6) is a cell surface glycoprotein that is involved in T cell activation and a member of the scavenger receptor cysteine rich protein superfamily (SRCRSF). CD6 is expressed at low levels on immature thymocytes and at high levels on mature thymocytes. The majority of peripheral blood T cells, a subset of B cells, and a subset of neuronal cells express CD6. CD6 appears to play a role as both a costimulatory molecule in T cell activation and as an adhesion receptor. Studies demonstrating a mitogenic effect for T cells with some CD6 specific monoclonal antibodies, in conjunction with either accessory cells or PMA and anti-CD2 mAb, support the concept of CD6 as a co stimulatory molecule.
- 1: Parnes JR et al., 1995, Eur J Immunol. 25: 2765.
- 2: Bajorath J et al., 1997, Biochemistry 36: 2637.
- 3: Fox DA et al., 1996, Immunology 88: 537.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-241
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.