- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Human CD5 recombinant protein was used as the immunogen for this anti-CD5 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format: incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The optimal dilution of the anti-CD5 antibody for each application should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: T-cell surface glycoprotein CD5, Lymphocyte antigen T1/Leu-1, CD5, CD5, LEU1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 921
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Recognizes a 67kDa transmembrane protein which is identified as CD5. The CD5 antigen is found on 95% of thymocytes and 72% of peripheral blood lymphocytes. In lymph nodes, the main reactivity is observed in T cell areas. Anti-CD5 is a pan T-cell marker that also reacts with a range of neoplastic B-cells, e.g. chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma (CLL/SLL), mantle cell lymphoma, and a subset (~10%) of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. CD5 aberrant expression is useful in making a diagnosis of mature T-cell neoplasms. Anti-CD5 detection is diagnostic in CLL/SLL within a panel of other B-cell markers, especially one that includes anti-CD23. Anti-CD5 is also very useful in differentiating among mature small lymphoid cell malignancies. In addition, anti-CD5 can be used in distinguishing thymic carcinoma (+) from thymoma (-). Anti-CD5 does not react with granulocytes or monocytes.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 34-187
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.