- HOST SPECIES: Rat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Spleen cells or thymocyte membranes
- CONJUGATE: PE
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, Flow, ICC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Multiplex, Neutralization Assay
- APPLICATION NOTE: CD5 Antibody [53-7.3] for use in flow cytometry assays.
- SPECIFICITY: CD5
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2a
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS/NaN3 and a stabilizing agent
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store vial at 2-8°C
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Cd5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Lyt-1, Ly-1, Lymphocyte antigen 1, Ly-12, Ly-A, T1, Tp67
- Protein Accession Number: P13379
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 12507
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CD5, also known as Lyt-1, is a monomeric type I transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on thymocytes, T lymphocytes, and a subset of B lymphocytes, but not on natural killer (NK) cells. It has been identified as the major ligand of the B-cell antigen CD72. The frequency of CD5+ B cells exhibits strain-dependent variation, and the phenotypic, anatomical, functional, developmental, and pathological characteristics of the CD5+ B cells suggest that they may represent a distinct lineage, known as B-1 cells. Binding of CD5 on the T cell surface can augment alloantigen- or mitogen-induced lymphocyte proliferation and induces increased cytosolic free calcium, IL-2 secretion, and IL-2R expression. It has been proposed that CD5 negatively regulates signal transduction mediated by the T-cell and B-cell receptors.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 98-611
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $320.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin