- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Cys 35 - Asp 328
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 33.6 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD46
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD46, AHUS2, MCP, MIC10, TLX, TRA2.10
- Protein Accession Number: AAH30594.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4179
- Complement regulatory protein CD46 is also known as membrane Cofactor Protein (MCP), is a type I membrane protein and is a regulatory part of the complement system. CD46 is expressed by all cells except erythrocytes. MCP acts as a cofactor for complement factor I, a serine protease which protects autologous cells against complement-mediated injury by cleaving C3b and C4b deposited on host tissue, and also acts as a costimulatory factor for T-cells which induces the differentiation of CD4+ into T-regulatory 1 cells. In T-cells by binding to CD46, A number of viral and bacterial pathogens seem to exploit this property and directly induce an immunosuppressive phenotype. Defects in CD46 are a cause of susceptibility to hemolytic uremic syndrome atypical type 2 (AHUS2).
- 1: Lublin D.M., et al., 1988, J. Exp. Med. 168:181-194.
- 2: Astier A., et al., 2000, J. Immunol. 164:6091-6095.
- 3: Noris M., et al., 2003, Lancet 362:1542-1547.
- 4: Kemper C., et al., 2003, Nature 421:388-392.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-123
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin