- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, Functional Assays
- SPECIFICITY: The 5C3 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with human CD40, a 48kDA type I glycoprotein.
- PURIFICATION: The monoclonal antibody was purified utilizing affinity chromatography. The endotoxin level is determined by LAL test to be less than 0.01 EU/µg of the protein.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: Mouse IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: liquid
- BUFFER: Phosphate-buffered aqueous solution, ph7.2.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The product should be stored undiluted at 4°C . Do not freeze.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD40
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: p50, Bp50, CDW40, TNFRSF5, CD40
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 958
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The 5C3 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with human CD40, a 48kDA type I glycoprotein. CD40 is part of the TNFR family and expressed on a subset of T cells, B cells, dendritic cells, and macrophages. It has been shown to be involved in the protection of B cells from apoptosis, B cell differentiation, co-stimulation, and isotype class-switching. The 5C3 antibody partially blocks the binding of CD40L (CD154). In the presence of IL-4 or PMA, the 5C3 antibody promotes B cell proliferation.
- 1: Schlossman, S. F. (1995).Leucocyte typing V: White cell differentiation antigens: Proceedings of the Fifth International Workshop and Conference, Held in Boston, USA 3-7 November, 1993. Oxford University Press.
- 2: Barclay, A. N., Birkeland, M. L., Brown, M. H., Beyers, A. D., David, S. J., Somoza, C., Williams, A. F. The Leukocyte Antigen Facts Book. 1993.Academic Prss, London.
- 3: Challa, A., Pound, J. D., Gordon, J., Armitage, R. J. (1999). Epitopedependent synergism and antagonism between CD40 antibodies and soluble CD40 ligand for the regulation of CD23 expression and IgE synthesis in human B cells.Allergy,54(6), 576-583.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 76-019
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $270.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin