- SPECIES: Rhesus monkey
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Lys 26 - Trp 390
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for E, WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 67 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its binding ability in a functional ELISA. Immobilized HIV GP120 (HIV), His Tag at 10 ug/mL (100 uL/well) can bind Rhesus macaque CD4, Fc Tag with a linear range of 0.04-0.31 ug/mL.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level is less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Tris with Glycine, Arginine and NaCl, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD4,CD4mut,LEU3
- Protein Accession Number: G7N5T8
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD4 is also known as T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3. CD4 contains three Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains and one Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain. CD4 is accessory protein for MHC class-II antigen/T-cell receptor interaction. CD4 induces the aggregation of lipid rafts. CD4 is a primary receptor used by HIV-1 to gain entry into host T cells. HIV infection leads to a progressive reduction of the number of T cells possessing CD4 receptors. Therefore, medical professionals refer to the CD4 count to decide when to begin treatment for HIV-infected patients.
- 1: Brady RL, et al., 1993, Science 260 (5110): 979–83.
- 2: Zeitlmann, L., et al., 2001, J. Biol. Chem. (United States) 276 (12): 9123–32.
- 3: Rudd CE, et al., 2010, J. Immunol. 185 (5): 2645–9.
- 4: Rudd CE, et al., 1988, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 85 (14): 5190–4.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 97-059
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $405.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805