- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Mouse monoclonal CD4 antibody was raised against a 193 amino acid recombinant protein from near the amino terminus of human CD4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-4 μg/mL; IHC: 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1314 - Human Thymus Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 51kD
Observed: 51-57 kD (Post-modyfication: 2-4 N-linked glycosylations)
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 1): Anti-CD4 antibodies (PM-5201) detected human CD-4 recombinant protein at 5ng.
- ISOFORMS: Human CD4 has one isoform (458aa, 51kD). Mouse CD4 has two isoforms, including isoform 1 (457aa, 51kD) and isoform 2 (217aa, 24.5kD). Rat CD4 has one isoform (457aa, 51kD). PM-5201 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: CD4 Monoclonal Antibody is immunoaffinity chromotography purified IgG.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CD4 Monoclonal Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CD4 monoclonal antibody can be stored at -20°C, stable for one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD4 Antibody [9H5A8] : CD4mut
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000607
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 10835167
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 920
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CD4 Monoclonal Antibody: CD4 is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is implicated as associative recognition element in MHC (Major Histocompatibility Complex) class II-restricted immune response. On T-lymphocytes, it defines the helper/inducer subset. The mature 55 kd CD4 protein consists of a 372 amino acid extracellular segment composed of four tandem immunoglobulin-like VJ regions. The CD4 molecule is a major receptor for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), binding directly to the envelope glycoprotein gp120 on HIV, with the co-receptors being CCR5 or CXCR4. It has been shown that the V-like domains are critical for binding with HIV envelope gp120.
- 1: Bowers et al. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 1997; 29 :871-5.
- 2: Arthos et al. Cell 1989; 57:469-81.
- 1: Hood et al. Cytolytic nanoparticles attenuate HIV-1 infectivity. Antivir Ther. 2013;18(1):95-103. PMID: 22954649
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-5201
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $459.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin