- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: CD33 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human CD33.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 180 - 230 of CD33.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CD33 antibody can be used for detection of CD33 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of CD33 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all three isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1282 - 3T3 (NIH) Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: CD33 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CD33 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CD33 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD33
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD33 Antibody: p67, SIGLEC3, SIGLEC-3, Myeloid cell surface antigen CD33, Sialic acid-binding Ig-like lectin 3, Siglec-3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001763
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 130979981
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 945
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CD33 Antibody: CD33 is a member of the sialic acid-binding immunoglobulin-like lectin (Siglec) family that is highly expressed on myeloid progenitor cells. Assessment of CD33 expression is of great importance in the immunodiagnosis of acute leukemia, allowing distinction between myeloid and lymphoid origin, as CD33 is generally restricted to the myelomonocytic lineage. CD33 can associate with the protein-tyrosine phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2 and thus could modulate downstream signaling events associated with cell activation. Common variants of CD33 have been found to be associated with late-onset Alzheimer's disease.
- 1: Freeman SD, Kelm S, Barber EK, et al. Characterization of CD33 as a new member of the sialoadhesion family of cellular interaction molecules. Blood 1995; 85:2005-12.
- 2: Crocker PR and Varki A. Siglecs, sialic acids, and innate immunity. Trends Immunol. 2001; 22:337-42.
- 3: Taylor VC, Buckley CD, Douglass M, et al. The myeloid-specific sialic acid-binding receptor, CD33, associates with the protein-tyrosine phosphatases, SHP-1 and SHP-2. J. Biol. Chem. 1999; 274:11505-12
- 4: Naj AC, Jun G, Beecham GW, et al. Common variants at MS4A4/MS4A6E, CD2AP, CD33 and EPHA are associated with late-onset Alzheimer's disease. Nat. Genet. 2011; 43:436-41
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6595
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin