- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The extracellular domain of human CD28 (aa 19-152) is fused to the N-terminus of the Fc region of human IgG1.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- PURITY: ≥98% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.06EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS. Reconstitute at 100 μg/ml in sterile PBS.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD28
- Protein Accession Number: AAA60581
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 338445
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 940
- CD28 and CTLA-4 together with their ligands, CD80 (B7-1) and CD86 (B7-2), constitute one of the dominant costimulatory pathways that regulate T and B cell responses. CD28 and CTLA-4 are structurally homologous molecules that are members of the immunoglobulin (Ig) gene superfamily. Both CD28 and CTLA-4 are composed of a single Ig V-like extracellular domain, a transmembrane domain and an intracellular domain. CD28 and CTLA-4 are both expressed on the cell surface as disulfide-linked homodimers or as monomers. The genes encoding these two molecules are closely linked on human chromosome 2 and mouse chromosome 1. Mouse CD28 is expressed constitutively on virtually 100% of mouse T cells and on developing thymocytes. Cell surface expression of mouse CD28 is downregulated upon ligation of CD28 in the presence of PMA or PHA. In contrast, CTLA-4 is not expressed constitutively but is upregulated rapidly following T cell activation and CD28 ligation. Cell surface expression of mouse CTLA-4 peaks approx.y 48 hours after activation. Although both CTLA-4 and CD28 can bind to the same ligands, CTLA-4 binds to B7-1 and B7-2 with a 20-100 fold higher affinity than CD28. CD28/B7 interaction has been shown to prevent apoptosis of activated T cells via the upregulation of bcl-XL. CD28 ligation has also been shown to regulate Th1/Th2 differentiation.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-392
- Size: 200 ug
- List Price: $505.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.