- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Chicken, Turkey
- IMMUNOGEN: Chicken peripheral blood lymphocytes
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IHC-Fr, IP
- APPLICATION NOTE: CD28 Antibody [AV7] for use in flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry / immunocytochemistry, immunoprecipitation, and costimulation assays.
- SPECIFICITY: CD28
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in borate buffered saline, pH 8.2; No preservatives or amine-containing buffer salts added
- CONCENTRATION: 0.5 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store vial at 2-8°C
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD28
- Protein Accession Number: P31043
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 396249
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Chicken CD28 antigen is a type I transmembrane monomeric glycoprotein which does not contain the cysteine residues that form disulfide-linked covalent homodimers found in the mammalian counterpart. This may reduce the avidity of binding to individual ligand molecules expected to be present on antigen presenting cells. Peripheral gammadelta+ T cells are CD28 negative. Monoclonal antibodies against CD28 have a costimulatory effect on T cells stimulated by phorbol myristate acetate (PMA), concanavalin A, or monoclonal antibodies against the avian T cell receptor (TCR). Both Vbeta1- and Vbeta2-expressing cells respond equally well to stimulation with anti-CD28 in combination with PMA. These responses are resistant to cyclosporin A but inhibited by herbimycin A suggesting that CD28 employs a signaling pathway at least partly distinct from that triggered by TCR/CD3. The monoclonal antibody AV7 also reacts with turkey CD28 as demonstrated by flow cytometry.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 99-236
- Size: 0.5 mg
- List Price: $405.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.