- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Asn 29 - Pro 766
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 85.4 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its ability to cleave the fluorogenic peptide substrate, Gly-Pro-7-amido-4-methylcoumarin (GPAMC). The specific activity is >3000 pmol/min/μg.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DPP4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DPP4, ADABP, ADCP2, CD26, DPPIV, TP103
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001926.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1803
- Dipeptidyl peptidase-IV (DPPIV) is also known as adenosine deaminase complexing protein 2, DPPIV or CD26 is antigenic enzyme expressed on the surface of most cell types and is associated with immune regulation, signal transduction and apoptosis. It is an intrinsic membrane glycoprotein and a serine exopeptidase that cleaves X-proline dipeptides from the N-terminus of polypeptides. The substrates of DPPIV are proline (or alanine)-containing peptides and include growth factors, chemokines, neuropeptides, and vasoactive peptides. DPPIV plays a major role in glucose metabolism. It is responsible for the degradation of incretins such as GLP-1. DPPIV plays an important role in tumor biology, and is useful as a marker for various cancers, with its levels either on the cell surface or in the serum increased in some neoplasms and decreased in others. DPPIV also binds the enzyme adenosine deaminase specifically and with high affinity. The significance of this interaction has yet to be established.
- 1: Kameoka J, et al.,1993, Science, 261 (5120): 466-9.
- 2: Chen X, 2006, Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 575: 27–32.
- 3: Morimoto, C. et al., 1994, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 91: 9960-4.
- 4: Havre PA, et al., 2008, Front. Biosci. 13: 1634–45.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-245
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin