- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Cat, Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Human thymocytes were used as the immunogen for the CD2 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, Func, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Functional Activity (Order SAF formulation)
Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Western blot: 1-2 ug/ml
Optimal dilution of the CD2 antibody should be determined by the researcher.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2b, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD2, CD2 antigen, Erythrocyte receptor, LFA-3 receptor, LFA-2, Lymphocyte-function antigen-2, T11, SRBC, CD2 molecule, Rosette receptor, T-cell surface antigen CD2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 914
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- CD2 interacts through its amino-terminal domain with the extracellular domain of CD58 (also designated CD2 ligand) to mediate cell adhesion. CD2/CD58 binding can enhance antigen-specific T cell activation. CD2 is a transmembrane glycoprotein that is expressed on peripheral blood T lymphocytes, NK cells and thymocytes. CD58 is a heavily glycosylated protein with a broad tissue distribution in hematopoietic and other cells, including endothelium. Interaction between CD2 and its counter receptor LFA3 (CD58) on opposing cells optimizes immune system recognition, thereby facilitating communication between helper T lymphocytes and antigen-presenting cells, as well as between cytolytic effectors and target cells.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-483
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.