- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: CD160 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the center of human CD160.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50 - 100 of CD160 .
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CD160 antibody can be used for detection of CD160 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: CD160 antibody is human and mouse reactive. Multiple isoforms of CD160 are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 20 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CD160 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CD160 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CD160 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD160
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD160 Antibody : NK1, BY55, NK28, CD160 antigen, Natural killer cell receptor BY55
- Protein Accession Number: NP_008984
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5901910
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 11126
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CD160, also known as BY55, is a lipid-anchored cell membrane glycoprotein that contains one immunoglobulin-like domain (1). It is expressed in small intestine, spleen and functional NK and T cytotoxic lymphocytes (1,2). CD160 exists as a disulfide-linked homomultimer that functions as a receptor for MHC (major histocompatability complex) molecules and is thought to regulate the function of NK cells (2,3). Additionally, CD160 interacts with TNFRSF14 and, via this interaction, is able to negatively regulate CD4+ T cell activation, indicating a role in immune system regulation (4).
- 1: Anumanthan A, Bensussan A, Boumsell L, et al. Cloning of BY55, a novel Ig superfamily member expressed on NK cells, CTL, and intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes. J. Immunol. 1998; 161:2780-90.
- 2: Agrawal S, Marquet J, Freeman GJ, et al. Cutting edge: MHC class I triggering by a novel cell surface ligand costimulates proliferation of activated human T cells. J. Immunol. 1999; 162:1223-6.
- 3: Le Bouteiller P, Tabiasco J, Polgar B, et al. CD160: a unique activating NK cell receptor. Immunol. Lett. 2011;138:93-6
- 4: Chabot S, Jabrane-Ferrat N, Bigot K, et al. A novel antiangiogenic and vascular normalization therapy targeted against human CD160 receptor. J. Exp. Med. 2011; 208:973-86.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7475
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin