- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: NS1 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The extracellular domain of mouse CD152 [CTLA-4] (aa 38-160) is fused to the N-terminus of the Fc region of mouse IgG2a.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Binds both CD80 (B7-1) and CD86 (B7-2) with high affinity and inhibits CD28 signaling competitively. Kills the target cell completely.
- PURITY: >98% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.06EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS. Reconstitute at 1mg/ml in sterile water. Add 1X PBS to the desired protein concentration.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Ctla4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CTLA-4
- Protein Accession Number: NP_033973
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 31981847
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 12477
- CD152 and CD28, together with their ligands B7-1 and B7-2, constitute one of the dominant costimulatory pathways that regulate T and B cell responses. CD152 and CD28 are structurally homologous molecules that are members of the immunoglobulin (Ig) gene superfamily. Both CD152 and CD28 are composed of a single Ig V-like extracellular domain, a transmembrane domain and an intracellular domain. CD152 and CD28 are both expressed on the cell surface as disulfide-linked homodimers or as monomers. CD152 was originally identified as a gene that was specifically expressed by cytotoxic T lymphocytes. However, CD152 transcripts have since been found in both Th1 and Th2, and CD4+ and CD8+ T cell clones. Whereas, CD28 expression is constitutive on the surfaces of 95% of CD4+ T cells and 50% of CD8+ T cells and is down regulated upon T cell activation, CD152 expression is upregulated rapidly following T cell activation and peaks approximately 24 hours following activation. Although both CD152 and CD28 can bind to the same ligands, CD152 binds to B71 and B72 with 20-100-fold higher affinity than CD28.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-417
- Size: 500 ug
- List Price: $405.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805