- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- CONJUGATE: APC
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow
- SPECIFICITY: The BNI3 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with human CD152, the Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte Antigen 4 (CTLA-4).
- PURIFICATION: The monoclonal antibody was purified utilizing affinity chromatography and unreacted dye was removed from the product.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: Mouse IgG2a, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: liquid
- BUFFER: Phosphate-buffered aqueous solution, ≤0.09% Sodium azide, may contain carrier protein/stabilizer, ph7.2.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The product should be stored undiluted at 4°C and should be protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CTLA4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD, GSE, GRD4, ALPS5, CD152, CTLA-4, IDDM12, CELIAC3, CTLA4
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1493
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The BNI3 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with human CD152, the Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte Antigen 4 (CTLA-4). CTLA-4 is expressed on activated CD28+ T cells, and binds the B7 family members B7-1 (CD80) and B7-2 (CD86). The structure of CTLA-4 is similar to the structure of CD28, but the two molecules seem to have opposite roles on the T lymphocytes. CTLA-4 inhibits the progression of T cell activation, while CD28 stimulates it. This result explains the stimulating role that the immobilization of BNI3 plays on the T lymphocytes proliferation induced by CD28.
- 1: Alegre, M. L., Noel, P. J., Eisfelder, B. J., Chuang, E., Clark, M. R., Reiner, S. L., Thompson, C. B. (1996). Regulation of surface and intracellular expression of CTLA4 on mouse T cells.The Journal of Immunology,157(11), 4762-4770.
- 2: Walunas, T. L., Lenschow, D. J., Bakker, C. Y., Linsley, P. S., Freeman, G. J., Green, J. M., ... Bluestone, J. A. (1994). CTLA-4 can function as a negative regulator of T cell activation.Immunity,1(5), 405-413.
- 3: Cilio, C. M., Daws, M. R., Malashicheva, A., Sentman, C. L., Holmberg, D. (1998). Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte Antigen 4 Is Induced in the Thymus upon In Vivo Activation and Its Blockade Prevents Anti-CD3mediated Depletion of Thymocytes.The Journal of experimental medicine,188(7), 1239-1246.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 76-847
- Size: 100 tests
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin