- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Leu 23 - Asn 254
- FUSION TAG: C-Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 53.5 kDa
- PURITY: >98% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM tris, 100 mM glycine, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL2RG
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL2RG, CD132, CIDX, IMD4, P64, SCIDX, SCIDX1, gammaC
- Protein Accession Number: AAH14972
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3561
- IL-2R is a heterotrimeric protein binds and responds to the cytokine IL-2. Three distinct chains of IL-2R, termed as α, β and γ, which are non-covalently associated are identified. The α and β chains are involved in binding IL-2, while signal transduction following cytokine interaction is carried out by the γ chain, along with the β subunit. The α chain of the IL-2R can bind to the β chain before receptor interaction with IL-2. The γ chain alone has a very weak affinity for IL-2, but after the ligand is bound to the α/β heterodimer, the γ chain becomes recruited to the complex to form a very stable macromolecular quaternary ligand/receptor complex. Interleukin-2 receptor subunit gamma (IL2RG), also known as cytokine receptor common subunit gamma, CD antigen CD132, gammaC, p64, which belongs to the type I cytokine receptor family or type 5 subfamily. IL2RG is located on the surface of immature blood-forming cells in bone marrow. Defects in IL2RG are the cause of severe combined immunodeficiency X-linked T-cell-negative/B-cell-positive/NK-cell-negative (XSCID).
- 1: Kondo M., et al., 1993, Science 262:1874-1877.
- 2: Russell S.M., et al., 1993, Science 262:1880-1883.
- 3: Noguchi M., et al., 1993, Science 262:1877-1880.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-466
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $420.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin