- HOST SPECIES: Rat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Mouse IL-3-dependent bone marrow mast cells
- CONJUGATE: Cy5
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Apoptosis, Flow, ICC, IHC-Fr, IP
- APPLICATION NOTE: CD117 Antibody [2B8] for use in flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry / immunocytochemistry assays.
- SPECIFICITY: CD117
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2b
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS/NaN3
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store vial at 2-8°C
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Kit
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: c-Kit, mast cell growth factor, stem cell factor, steel factor, SCF
- Protein Accession Number: P05532
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 16590
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The CD117 (c-Kit) antigen is the cell-surface receptor for stem cell factor (SCF). Together these molecules constitute a ligand/receptor pair which functions to maintain normal hematopoiesis in the adult. Signaling through SCF/c-Kit has an important role in stimulating myeloid and erythroid production of primitive hematopoietic progenitor cells. A variety of cytokines act synergistically with SCF to stimulate proliferation and differentiation of bone marrow progenitor cells. For example, SCF plus IL-7 can stimulate the combined myeloid and B cell differentiation of uncommitted hematopoietic progenitor cells. SCF/c-Kit also participates in erythropoiesis in both the bone marrow and spleen. Loss-of-function mutations for SCF/c-Kit lead to a variety of pleiotropic developmental defects while gain-of-function mutations can lead to constitutive activation of the kit receptor and links to cancer. Examples of the former are mast cell deficiency and severe macrocytic anemia while the latter mutation has been identified in mastocytomas.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 99-020
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $405.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.