- HOST SPECIES: Rat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: BALB/3T3 and +/+2.4 cells
- CONJUGATE: PE
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA
- APPLICATION NOTE: CD106 Antibody [M/K-2] for use in flow cytometry assays.
- SPECIFICITY: CD106
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS/NaN3 and a stabilizing agent
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store vial at 2-8°C
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Vcam1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: VCAM-1, INCAM-110
- Protein Accession Number: P29533
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 22329
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CD106, also known as VCAM-1, is an adhesion molecule and a major mediator of the inflammatory response. It is expressed on activated microvascular endothelial cells in response to signals arising from immune responses in infection, graft rejection, tumor recognition and killing. The complementary binding ligand for VCAM-1 is VLA-4/CD49d. In addition to VCAM-1, VLA-4 also recognizes the extracellular matrix molecule fibronectin. This pairing of VCAM-1 and VLA-4 is able to provide a second signal (e.g., non-antigen specific) for T cell stimulation, such as that seen in transplantation. The monoclonal antibody MK-2 has been used in transplant studies to suppress cardiac rejection and induce long-term cardiac graft survival. In addition to inflammatory responses, VCAM-1 has a significant role in hemopoiesis through its ability to retain lymphocyte and myeloid precursors on stromal cells in the marrow and lymphoid organs. CD106/VCAM-1 exists as an integral membrane protein. The M/K-2 monoclonal antibody immunoprecipitates a peptide that gives a single band on SDS-PAGE gels with an apparent Mr of ~100 kDa under reducing conditions and 92 kDa under non-reducing conditions.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 98-547
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $320.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin