- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Human CCL5 (aa 24-91) is fused at the C-terminus to a His-tag.
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- PURITY: >98% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS (pH 7.4). Reconstituted in sterile H2O not less than 100 μg/ml, which can then be further diluted in other aqueous solutions.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CCL5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: C-C Motif Chemokine 5, Eosinophil Chemotactic Cytokine, EoCP, Small-inducible Cytokine A5, T Cell-specific Protein P228, TCP228, T Cell-specific Protein RANTES
- Protein Accession Number: AAH08600
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 14250339
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6352
- CCL5, also known as RANTES (Regulated upon Activation Normal T cell Expressed and Secreted), is an 8kDa Î²-chemokine that plays a primary role in the inflammatory immune response by means of its ability to attract and activate leukocytes. Human and mouse RANTES exhibit cross-species activity on human and mouse cells. CCL5 is secreted by many cell types at inflammatory sites and it exerts a wide range of activities through the receptors CCR1, CCR3, CCR4 and CCR5. In humans, CCR5 binding to CCL5 inhibits the infectivity of R5 (M-tropic) but not X4 (T-tropic) strains of HIV-1. The deposition of CCL5 on activated vascular endothelial cells is crucial for monocyte adhesion to damaged vasculature, but CCL5 oligomerization is not required for the extravasation of adherent leukocytes. CCL5 is upregulated in breast cancer and promotes tumor progression through the attraction of proinflammatory macrophages in addition to its actions on tumor cells, stromal cells and the vasculature.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-382
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.