- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The extracellular domain of mouse CCL2 (aa 24-148) is fused to the N-terminus of the Fc region of mouse IgG2a.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- PURITY: >98% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.06EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS. Reconstitute at 100 μg/ml in sterile PBS.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Ccl2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: C-C Motif Chemokine 2, HC11, MCAF, Monocyte Chemotactic and Activating Factor, MCP1, Monocyte Chemotactic Protein 1, Scya2, Small-inducible Cytokine A2, JE, Monocyte Secretory Protein JE, SMC-CF, Sigje
- Protein Accession Number: NP_035463
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6755430
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 20296
- CCL2, also called monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1), is a member of the C-C or beta chemokine family that is best known as a chemotactic agent for mononuclear cells. Fibroblasts, glioma cells, smooth muscle cells, endothelial cells, lymphocytes and mononuclear phagocytes can produce CCL2 either constitutively or upon mitogenic stimulation, but monocytes and macrophages appear to be the major source. In addition to its chemotactic activity, CCL2 induces enzyme and cytokine release by monocytes, NK cells and lymphocytes, and histamine release by basophils that express its receptor CCR2. Additionally, it promotes Th2 polarization in CD4+ T cells. CCL2-mediated recruitment of monocytes to sites of inflammation is proposed to play a role in the pathology of atherosclerosis, multiple sclerosis and allergic asthma.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-379
- Size: 50 ug
- List Price: $405.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805