- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (81%), Horse: (81%), Bovine: (75%), Rabbit: (75%), Guinea pig: (90%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal CCL2 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human CCL2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of CCL2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CCL2 antibody can be used for detection of CCL2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 11 kDa
Observed: 14 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CCL2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CCL2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CCL2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CCL2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CCL2 Antibody: HC11, MCAF, MCP1, MCP-1, SCYA2, GDCF-2, SMC-CF, HSMCR30, C-C motif chemokine 2, HC11
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002973
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4506841
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6347
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CCL2 Antibody: CCL2, also known as monocyte chemotactic protein 1 (MCP1), belongs to the intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family. It is produced by a variety of cell types and is a potent chemoattractant for monocytes, memory T lymphocytes, and natural killer (NK) cells. It is upregulated during infection and inflammation. CCL2 is a potent basophil activator but does not affect eosinophils, whereas the related protein MCP2 stimulates both eosinophils and basophils. MCP3 has been shown to have the broadest range of influence. CCL2 has been implicated in the pathogenesis of diseases characterized by monocytic infiltrates, like psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis or atherosclerosis.
- 1: Carr MW, Roth SJ, Luther E, et al. Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 acts as a T-lymphocyte chemoattractant. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1994; 91:3652-6.
- 2: Conductier G, Blondeau N, Guyon A, et al. The role of monocyte chemoattractant protein MCP1/CCL2 in neuroinflammatory diseases. J. Neuroimmunol. 2010; 224:93-100.
- 3: Taub DD, Proost P, Murphy WJ, et al. Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1), -2, and -3 are chemotactic for human T lymphocytes. J. Clin. Invest. 1995; 95:1370-6
- 4: Bandinelli F, Del Rosso A, Gabrielli A, et al. CCL2, CCL3 and CCL5 chemokines in systemic sclerosis: the correlation with SSc clinical features and the effect of prostaglandin E1 treatment. Clin. Exp. Rheumatol. 2012; 30:S44-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7201
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin