- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Thr 18 - Val 333
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 36.7 kDa
- PURITY: >98% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM Sodium Acetate, pH 5.0 with 100 mM NaCl
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CTSL1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CTSL1, MEP, CATL, CTSL
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001903.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1514
- Cathepsin L (CTSL1) is also known as major excreted protein (MEP), is a member of the peptidase C1 family, is a dimer composed of disulfide-linked heavy and light chains linked by disulfide bonds. CTSL1 is a lysosomal cysteine proteinase that plays a major role in intracellular protein catabolism. Its substrates include collagen and elastin, as well as alpha-1 protease inhibitor, a major controlling element of neutrophil elastase activity. MEP has been implicated in several pathologic processes, including myofibril necrosis in myopathies and in myocardial ischemia, and in the renal tubular response to proteinuria. CTSL1 is important for the overall degradation of proteins in lysosomes. The specificity of MEP is close to that of papain. As compared to cathepsin B, cathepsin L exhibits higher activity toward protein substrates, but has little activity on Z - Arg – Arg – NHMec, and no peptidyl - dipeptidase activity. Human Cathepsin L activity is greatest under mildly acidic conditions, from pH 4.5 6.5. The stability of the enzyme decreases at higher pH values
- 1: Fujishima A., et al., 1997, FEBS Lett. 407:47-50.
- 2: Goretzki L., et al., 1992, FEBS Lett, 297:112.
- 3: Cailhier JF., et al., 2008, J. Biol. Chem., 283: 27220-27229.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-213
Product Discontinued. Please contact us for alternate product(s).
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin