- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Arg 18 - Ile 339
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 36.7 kDa (pro-form) and 29 kDa (mature-form)
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its ability to cleave the fluorogenic peptide substrate Z-LR-AMC. Measured in 100μl reaction mixture containing 25 mM MES, pH 5. 0, 0. 01 μg rhCathepsin B, 10 μM reaction substrate. The specific activity is >2800 pmol/min/μg.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM Tris, 150 mM NaCl, pH8.0
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CTSB
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CTSB, CPSB, APPS
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001899
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1508
- Cathepsin B (CTSB) is also known as APP secretase (APPS) and CPSB, is an enzymatic protein belonging to the peptidase C1 family. Cathepsin B / CTSB is synthesized as a preproenzyme. Following removal of the signal peptide, the inactive proenzyme undergoes further modifications including removal of the pro region to result in the active enzyme. The catalytic activity of Cathepsin B / APPS contains: Hydrolysis of proteins with broad specificity for peptide bonds; Preferentially cleaves -Arg-Arg- | -Xaa bonds in small molecule substrates (thus differing from cathepsin L); In addition to being an endopeptidase, shows peptidyl-dipeptidase activity, liberating C-terminal dipeptides. As a thiol protease, cathepsin B / CPSB is believed to participate in intracellular degradation and turnover of proteins and has also been implicated in tumor invasion and metastasis. Overexpression of cathepsin B has been associated with esophageal adenocarcinoma and other tumors.
- 1: Basrur V., et al., 2003, J. Proteome Res. 2:69-79.
- 2: Chi A., et al., 2006, J. Proteome Res. 5:3135-3144.
- 3: Royer-Zemmour B., et al., 2008, Hum. Mol. Genet. 17:3617-3630.
- 4: Cao L., et al., 1994, Gene 139 (2): 163–9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-223
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin