- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Caspase-8 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus human caspase-8 isoform E.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Caspase-8.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Casp-8 antibody can be used for the detection of Caspase-8 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: HT-29 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Caspase-8 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Caspase-8 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Caspase-8 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CASP8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Caspase-8 Antibody: CAP4, MACH, MCH5, FLICE, ALPS2B, Casp-8, Caspase-8, Apoptotic cysteine protease, CASP-8
- Protein Accession Number: NP_203522
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 15718704
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 841
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Caspase-8 Antibody: Caspases are a family of cysteine proteases that can be divided into the apoptotic and inflammatory caspase subfamilies. Unlike the apoptotic caspases, members of the inflammatory subfamily are generally not involved in cell death but are associated with the immune response to microbial pathogens. The apoptotic subfamily can be further divided into initiator caspases, which are activated in response to death signals, and executioner caspases, which are activated by the initiator caspases and are responsible for cleavage of cellular substrates that ultimately lead to cell death. Caspase-8 is an initiator caspase that was identified as a member of the Fas/APO-1 death-inducing signaling complex. The adaptor molecule FADD couples procaspase-8 to the Fas receptor death domain; subsequent oligomerization promotes procaspase-8 autoactivation. FLIP, a catalytically inactive caspase-8-like molecule inhibits these interactions and thus can inhibit apoptosis. This antibody will only detect isoform E of caspase-8.
- 1: Martinon F and Tschopp J. Inflammatory caspases: linking an intracellular innate immune system to autoinflammatory diseases. Cell 2004; 117:561-74.
- 2: Zhivotovsky B and Orrenius S. Caspase-2 function in response to DNA damage. Biochim. Biophys. Res. Comm. 2005; 331:859-67.
- 3: Wolf BB and Green DR. Suicidal tendencies: apoptotic cell death by caspase family proteinases. J. Biol. Chem. 1999; 274:20049-52.
- 4: Muzio M, Chinnaiyan AM, Kischkel FC, et al. FLICE, a novel FADD-homologous ICE/CED-3-like protease, is recruited to the CD95 (Fas/APO-1) death-inducing signaling complex. Cell 1996; 85:817-27.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3475
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.