- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (92%)
- IMMUNOGEN: CARMA2 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human CARMA2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of CARMA2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: CARMA2 antibody can be used for detection of CARMA2 by immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: CARMA2 antibody is human specific. At least three isoforms of CARMA2 are known to exist; this antibody will only detect isoform 1. CARMA2 antibody is predicted not to cross-react with other CARMA proteins.
- PURIFICATION: CARMA2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CARMA2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CARMA2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CARD14
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CARMA2 Antibody: PRP, PSS1, BIMP2, CARMA2, PSORS2, Caspase recruitment domain-containing protein 14, CARD-containing MAGUK protein 2, Carma 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_077015
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 332801087
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79092
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CARMA2 Antibody: CARMA proteins belong to the membrane-associated guan-ylate kinase-like (MAGUK) family of proteins that can function as molecular scaffolds that assist assembly of signal transduction molecules. CARMA1, CARMA2, and CARMA3 share high degrees of sequence and functional homology, but their tissue-specific distribution suggests that they serve distinct biological functions in different cell types. As with CARMA1, the CARD domain of CARMA2 has been shown to specifically interact with BCL10, a protein known to function as a positive regulator of cell apoptosis and NF-κB activation. When expressed in cells, this protein activated NF-κB and induced the phosphorylation of BCL10 Alternative splicing of CARMA2 results in isoforms that possess differential effects on NF-κB activation and endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced cell death.
- 1: Fanning AS and Anderson JM. Protein modules as organizers of membrane structure. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 1999; 11:432-9.
- 2: Gaide O, Martinon F, Michau O, et al. Carma1, 1 CARD-containing binding partner of Bcl10, induces Bcl10 phosphorylation and NF-kappa B activation. FEBS Lett. 2001; 496:121-7.
- 3: Bertin J, Wang L, Guo Y, et al. CARD11 and CARD14 are novel caspase recruitment domain (CARD)/membrane-associated guanylate kinase (MAGUK) family members that interact with BCL10 and activate NF-kappa B. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:11877-82.
- 4: Scudiero I, Zotti T, Ferravante A, et al. Alternative splicing of CARMA2/CARD14 transcripts generates protein variants with differential effect on NF-kB activation endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced cell death. J. Cell Physiol. 2011; 226:3121-31.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3191
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.