- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: CARD8 antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids at the C-terminus of human CARD8.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of CARD8.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CARD8 antibody can be used for detection of CARD8 by Western blot at 1 -2 μg/mL. An approximate 45 kDa can be detected. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1302 – Human Lung Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-004 - K-562 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 47 kDa
Observed: 47 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CARD8 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CARD8 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CARD8 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CARD8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CARD8 Antibody: NDPP, DACAR, DAKAR, NDPP1, TUCAN, CARDINAL, KIAA0955, Caspase recruitment domain-containing protein 8, Apoptotic protein NDPP1
- Protein Accession Number: AAG50014
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 12247742
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 22900
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CARD8 Antibody: Apoptosis is related to many diseases and development. Cell death signals are transduced by death domain (DD), death effector domain (DED), and caspase recruitment domain (CARD) containing molecules. CARD containing proteins include some caspases, Apaf-1, CARD4, IAPs, RICK, ARC, RAIDD, BCL-10, and ASC. A novel CARD-containing protein was recently identified and designated CARD8. This protein interacts with DRAL, a p53-responsive protein implicated in the induction of apoptosis, and caspase-1 and its related proteins ICEBERG and pesudo-ICE. Although there are conflicting reports on whether CARD8 acts a pro- or anti-apoptotic protein, it has been suggested that it functions as an adaptor molecule regulating caspase-1 and NF-κB activation.
- 1: Scholl FA, McLoghlin P, Ehler E, et al. DRAL is a p53-responsive gene whose four and a half LIM domain protein product induces apoptosis. J. Cell Biol. 2000; 151:495-506.
- 2: Stil R, Leonardi A, Formisano L, et al. TUCAN/CARDINAL and DRAL participate in a B activation. FEBS 2002;kcommon pathway for modulation of NF- 521:165-9.
- 3: Razmara M, Srinivasula SM, Wang L, et al. CARD-8 protein, a new CARD family member that regulates caspase-1 activation and apoptosis. J. Biol. Chem. 2002; 277:13952-8.
- 4: Pathan N, Marusawa H, Krajewska M, et al. TUCAN, an antiapoptotic caspase-assoicated recruitment domain family protein overexpressed in cancer. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:32220-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3187
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin