- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Phe23-Val423
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 47 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM TrisHCl,150mM NaCl,1mM ZnCl2,10%Glycerol,pH7.5. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt.
Please aliquot the reconstituted solution to minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CPB2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Carboxypeptidase B2, Carboxypeptidase U, CPU, Plasma Carboxypeptidase B, pCPB, Thrombin-Activable Fibrinolysis Inhibitor, TAFI, CPB2
- Protein Accession Number: Q96IY4
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 530363504
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1361
- Carboxypeptidase B2 (CPB2) is a secreted enzyme that belongs to the peptidase M14 family. CPB2 is synthesized by the liver and circulates in the plasma as a plasminogen-bound zymogen by the liver and circulates in the plasma as a plasminogen-bound zymogen. CPB2 cleaves C-terminal arginine or lysine residues from biologically active peptides, such as kinins or anaphylatoxins, in the circulation regulating their activities. CPB2 also down-regulates fibrinolysis by removing C-terminal lysine residues from fibrin that has already been partially degraded by plasmin. CPB2 exhibits carboxypeptidase activity when it is activated by proteolysis at residue Arg92 of the thrombin/thrombomodulin complex. Activated CPB2 reduces fibrinolysis by removing the fibrin C-terminal residues that are important for the binding and activation of plasminogen.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-741
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin