- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala25-Ser301
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 32.4 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM Tris,150mM NaCl,pH8.0. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Car12
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Carbonic anhydrase 12, Carbonate dehydratase XII, Carbonic anhydrase XII, CA-XII, CA12, CAXII
- Protein Accession Number: Q8CI85
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 929654682
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 76459
- Carbonic Anhydrase (CA) XII, also known as Car12 and CA12, is an extracellular enzyme involved in the regulation of the microenvironment acidity and tumor malignant phenotype, was originally identified as a protein overexpressed in some types of cancers. It has showed that CA XII is induced by hypoxia and oestrogen and expressed at high levels on various types of cancer. The enzyme is directly involved in tumour progression, and its inhibition has an anti-tumour effect. Apart from its role in carcinogenesis, the enzyme contributes to various other diseases like glaucoma and arteriosclerotic plaques, among others. CA XII is therefore regarded as promising target for specific therapies, and may be used as a novel prognostic marker in combination with histologic grade of the tumors.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-563
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $590.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805