- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (86%)
- IMMUNOGEN: CAPS1 antibody was raised against a 21 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of the human CAPS1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 90 - 140 of CAPS1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CAPS1 antibody can be used for detection of CAPS1 by Western blot at 0.25 - 0.5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Numerous isoforms of CAPS1 are known to exist. This CAPS1 antibody is predicted to be specific to CAPS1 and not recognize CAPS2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: CAPS1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CAPS1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CAPS1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CADPS
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CAPS1 Antibody: CAPS, CAPS1, CADPS1, CAPS, KIAA1121, Calcium-dependent secretion activator 1, Calcium-dependent activator protein for secretion 1, CAPS-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_899631
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 34452713
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8618
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CAPS1 Antibody: CAPS1 and its related protein CAPS2 encode novel neural/endocrine-specific cytosolic and peripheral membrane proteins. Both are essential components of the synaptic vesicle priming machinery and are required for the Ca2+-regulated exocytosis of secretory vesicles; CAPS-deficienct neurons contain no or very few fusion competent synaptic vesicles, causing a selective impairment of fast phasic transmitter release. CAPS1 acts at a stage in exocytosis that follows ATP-dependent priming, which involves the essential synthesis of phosphatidylinositol 4, 5-bisphosphate and is thought to be a specific regulator of large dense-core vesicle fusion.
- 1: Walent JH, Porter BW, and Martin TF. A novel 145 kD brain cytosolic protein reconstitutes Ca(2+)-regulated secretion in permeable neuroendocrine cells. Cell1992; 70:765-775.
- 2: Juckusch WJ, Speidel D, Sigler A, et al. CAPS-1 and CAPS-2 are essential synaptic vesicle priming proteins. Cell2007; 131:796-808.
- 3: Rupnick M, Kreft M, Sikdat SK, et al. Rapid regulated dense-core vesicle exocytosis requires the CAPS protein. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA2000; 97:5627-32.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4561
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin