- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This CAPN8 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 290-318 amino acids from the Central region of human CAPN8.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 79 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CAPN8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Calpain-8, New calpain 2, nCL-2, Stomach-specific M-type calpain, CAPN8, NCL2
- Protein Accession Number: A6NHC0
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 388743
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Calcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease. Involved in membrane trafficking in the gastric surface mucus cells (pit cells) and may involve the membrane trafficking of mucus cells via interactions with coat protein. Proteolytically cleaves the beta-subunit of coatomer complex (By similarity).
- 1: Hata, S., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 282(38):27847-27856(2007)
- 2: Oh, J.H., et al. Mamm. Genome 16(12):942-954(2005)
- 3: Hata, S., et al. J. Mol. Evol. 53(3):191-203(2001)
- 4: Huang, Y., et al. Trends Mol Med 7(8):355-362(2001)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-892
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.