- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Frog, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: CaM Kinase II (Thr286) polyclonal antibody was raised against a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phosphorylated-Thr286 found in rat brain CaM Kinase II.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Antibody dilutions and tissue load should be based on tissue type and expected phosphorylation state. Western blots of rat brain lysates with phospho- and dephosphopeptide competition were used to establish the phospho-specificity of the antibody. Applications include Dot Blot (DB) and Western Blot (WB). Dot Blots and Western Blots performed with each lot and working dilutions internally tested under ideal conditions for DB and WB were 1:1000. Suitability for Immunohistochemistry (IHC) has not been determined. Human, mouse, rat and Xenopus have 100% amino acid sequence identity with the antigen used to raise the antibody.
- SPECIFICITY: CaM Kinase II antibody is specific for a 50 kDa and b 60 kDa CaM Kinase II phosphorylated at Thr286.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 50/60
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For long term storage –80°C is recommended, but shorter term storage at –20°C is also acceptable as aliquots may be taken without freeze/thawing due to the presence of 50% glycerol. Stable for one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Camk2a
- Protein Accession Number: P11275
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 125285
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25400
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Calcium/calmodulin kinase II (CaM Kinase II) is multi-functional calcium and calmodulin-dependent protein kinase that mediates cellular responses to second messengers. Phosphorylation of Thr286 produces an autonomously active form of CaM Kinase II. The antibody was raised against a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phosphorylated-Thr286 found in rat brain CaM Kinase II.
- 1: Kennedy, M. B., "Signal-processing machines at the postsynaptic density," Science, 290 (2000) 750-754.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XPS-1000
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.