- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Crude human uterus extract was used as the immunogen for the Calponin antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Optimal dilution of the Calponin antibody should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CNN1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CNN1, Basic calponin, Calponin, Calponin-1, Calponins, basic, Calponin H1, smooth muscle, SMCC, Sm-Calp
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1264
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Multiple isoelectric variants of calponin have been identified, however only two molecular weight isoforms exist; a 34kDa form and a 29kDa form. Expression of the 29kDa form, I-calponin, is primarily restricted to muscle of the urogenital tract, whereas the higher molecular weight variant has been demonstrated in vascular and visceral smooth muscle. In Western blotting, this mAb reacts with only the 34kDa form of calponin in extracts of human aortic medial smooth muscle and is unreactive with fibroblast extracts of cultivated human foreskin. Calponin is a calmodulin, F-actin and tropomyosin binding protein, which is thought to be involved in the regulation of smooth muscle contraction. Calponin expression is restricted to smooth muscle cells and has been shown to be a marker of the differentiated (contractile) phenotype of developing smooth muscle.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-334
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin