- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 1-149 of human CALM2 (NP_001734.1).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:500 - 1:2000
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: NIH/3T3
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: MCF7
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: BT-474
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: NCI-H460
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Mouse brain
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 17kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH7.3.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CALM2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CALM, CAM, CAM1, CALM2, CAM2, CAMB, CALM3, CALML2, CAM3, CAMC, CAMIII, CalmodulinCaM, caM, CAMI, PHKD, CPVT4, DD132
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 805
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene is a member of the calmodulin gene family. There are three distinct calmodulin genes dispersed throughout the genome that encode the identical protein, but differ at the nucleotide level. Calmodulin is a calcium binding protein that plays a role in signaling pathways, cell cycle progression and proliferation. Several infants with severe forms of long-QT syndrome (LQTS) who displayed life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias together with delayed neurodevelopment and epilepsy were found to have mutations in either this gene or another member of the calmodulin gene family (PMID:23388215). Mutations in this gene have also been identified in patients with less severe forms of LQTS (PMID:24917665), while mutations in another calmodulin gene family member have been associated with catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT)(PMID:23040497), a rare disorder thought to be the cause of a significant fraction of sudden cardiac deaths in young individuals. Pseudogenes of this gene are found on chromosomes 10, 13, and 17. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 23-348
- Size: 50 uL
- List Price: $295.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin