- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: CALHM1 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human CALHM1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 60 - 110 of CALHM1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CALHM1 antibody can be used for detection of CALHM1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: CALHM1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CALHM1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CALHM1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CALHM1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CALHM1 Antibody: FAM26C, FAM26C, Calcium homeostasis modulator protein 1, Protein FAM26C
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001001412
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 194440685
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 255022
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CALHM1 Antibody: Alzheimer's disease (AD) is a progressive neurodegenerative disorder characterized by a massive loss of neurons in several brain regions and by the presence of senile plaques comprised of aggregated amyloid-beta (Abeta) peptides produced by the endoproteolysis of the amyloid precursor protein (APP). The calcium homeostasis modulator 1 (CALHM1) is a recently identified multipass transmembrane glycoprotein that controls cytosolic Ca2+ concentration and Abeta levels. While some studies suggest CALHM1 is significantly associated with risk of AD, other reports suggest there is no link. CALHM1 has been suggested to modulate the Ca2+-dependent proteolytic process of APP through controlling the level of cytosolic Ca2+.
- 1: Mattson MP. Pathways towards and away from Alzheimer's disease. Nature2004; 430:631-9.
- 2: Dreses-Werringloer U, Lambert JC, Vingtdeux V, et al. A polymorphism in CALHM1 influences Ca2+ homeostasis, Ab levels, and Alzheimer 's disease risk. Cell2008; 133:1149-61.
- 3: Nacmias B, Tedde A, Bagnoli S, et al. Lack of implication for CALHM1 P86L common variation in Italian patients with early and late onset Alzheimer 's disease. J. Alzheimers Dis.2010; epub.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5593
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin