- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: CADM3 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the center of human CADM3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 220 - 270 of CADM3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CADM3 antibody can be used for detection of CADM3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: CADM3 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least three isoforms are known to exist; this antibody will only detect the two longest isoforms. CADM3 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the CADM protein family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 44, 48 kDa
Observed: 50 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CADM3 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CADM3 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CADM3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CADM3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Cell adhesion molecule 3, BIgR, NECL1, Necl-1, TSLL1, IGSF4B, synCAM3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_067012
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 11056046
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 57863
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Cell adhesion molecule 3 (CADM3) is a member of a family of immunoglobulin-like, calcium-independent cell-cell adhesion molecules (1,2). CADM3 localizes to non-junctional contact sites of presynaptic nerve terminals, axons and glia cell processes and is thought to play an important role in the formation of synapses, axon bundles and myelinated axons (3). Recently, CADM3 has been shown to suppress the growth and tumorigenic ability of colon cancer cells, indicating that it can act as a tumor suppressor (4).
- 1: Fukuhara H, Kuramochi M, Nobukuni T, et al. Isolation of the TSLL1 and TSLL2 genes, members of the tumor suppressor TSLC1 gene family encoding transmembrane proteins. Oncogene 2001; 20:5401-7.
- 2: Takai Y, Mioshi J, Ikeda W, et al. Nectins and nectin-like molecules: roles in contact inhibition of cell movement and proliferation. Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2008; 9:603-15.
- 3: Kakunaga S, Ikeda W, Itoh S, et al. Nectin-like molecule-1/TSLL1/SynCAM3: a neural tissue-specific immunoglobulin-like cell-cell adhesion molecule localizing at non-junctional contact sites of presynaptic nerve terminals, axons and glia cell processes. J. Cell Sci. 2005; 118:1267-77.
- 4: Raveh S, Gavert N, Spiegel I, et al. The cell adhesion nectin-like (Necl) molecules 1 and 4 suppress the growth and tumorigenic ability of colon cancer cells. J. Biol. Biochem. 2009; 108:326-36.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7975
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.