- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Pro18-Ala786
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 84.6 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM PB,150mM NaCl,pH7.4. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CDH16
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CDH16/Cadherin-16/Kidney-specific cadherin/Ksp-cadherin/UNQ695/PRO1340, CDH16
- Protein Accession Number: O75309
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 119632232
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1014
- Cadherin-16(CDH16) is a single-pass type I membrane protein which contains six cadherin domains. Mature cadherin proteins consist of a large N-terminal extracellular domain, a single membrane-spanning domain, and a small highly conserved C-terminal cytoplasmic domain. Cadherins are calcium-dependent cell adhesion proteins and may contribute to the sorting of heterogeneous cell types. They preferentially interact with themselves in a homophilic manner in connecting cells. Three calcium ions are usually bound at the interface of each cadherin domain and rigidify the connections, imparting a strong curvature to the full-length ectodomain. CDH16 is exclusively expressed in kidney, where the protein functions as the principal mediator of homotypic cellular recognition. It plays a role in the morphogenic direction of tissue development. CDH16 is composed of an extracellular domain containing 6 cadherin domains, a transmembrane region and a truncated cytoplasmic domain. However, it lacks the prosequence and tripeptide HAV adhesion recognition sequence typical of most classical cadherins.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-418
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.