- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: CACNA1H antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the center of human CACNA1H.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 1010 - 1060 of CACNA1H.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CACNA1H antibody can be used for detection of CACNA1H by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: CACNA1H antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. Multiple isoforms of CACNA1H are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 259 kDa
Observed: 260 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CACNA1H antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CACNA1H antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CACNA1H antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CACNA1H
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Calcium channel voltage-dependent T type alpha 1H subunit, CACNA1HB, Cav3.2, ECA6, EIG6
- Protein Accession Number: NP_066921
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 53832009
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8912
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The calcium channel protein CACNA1H is a T-type member of the alpha-1 subunit family that is part of the voltage-dependent calcium channel complex which mediates the influx of calcium ions into the cell upon membrane polarization (1,2). CACNA1H is a subunit of Cav3.2 T-type calcium channel that is involved in neurological disorders such as epilepsy and pain (2,3). CACNA1H associates with the caveolin protein Cav-3 and it is thought that Cav-3 regulates the Protein Kinase A (PKA) modulation of CACNA1H-containing Cav3.2 T-type calcium channels (4).
- 1: Cribbs LL, Lee JH, Yang J, et al. Cloning and characterization of alpha1H from human heart, a member of the T-type CA2+ channel gene family. Circ. Res. 1998; 83:103-9.
- 2: Sekiguchi F and Kawabata A. T-type calcium channels: functional regulation and implication in pain signaling. J. Pharmacol. Sci. 2013; 122:244-50.
- 3: McGivern JG. Targeting N-type and T-type calcium channels for the treatment of pain. Drug Discov. Today 2006; 11:245-53.
- 4: Markandeya YS, Fahey JM, Pluteanu F, et al. Caveolin-3 regulates protein kinase A modulation of the Cav3.2 (a1H) T-type Ca2+ channels. J. Biol. Chem. 2011; 286:2433-2444.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8029
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.