- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: CaBP7 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human CaBP7.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of CaBP7.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CaBP7 antibody can be used for detection of CaBP7 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 4 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: CaBP7 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CaBP7 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CaBP7 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CABP7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CaBP7 Antibody: CALN2, CALN2, Calcium-binding protein 7, Calneuron II, CaBP7
- Protein Accession Number: NP_872333
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 32698884
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 164633
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CaBP7 Antibody: Calcium binding proteins (CaBP) play a crucial role in the calcium-mediated cellular signal transduction pathway in the central nervous system. The CaBP family shares much similarity with CaM I (calmodulin), and it has been shown that CaBP proteins can substitute functionally for, and possibly augment the function of, CaM I. CaBP7 (Calcium-binding protein 7), contains two EF-hand domains for calcium binding and shares 70% homology with CaBP8 and 50% homology with CaM I. It negatively regulates Golgi-to-plasma membrane trafficking by interacting with PI4KB and inhibiting its activity. CaBP7 and 8 possess a targeting mechanism that is unique amongst the CaBPs that may contribute to differential functional Ca2+-sensing by these family members.
- 1: Sokal I, Li N, Verlinde CL, et al. Ca2+-binding proteins in the retina: from discovery to etiology of human disease. Biochim. Biophys. Acta.2000; 1498: 233-51.
- 2: Haeseleer F, Imanishi Y, Sokal I, et al. Calcium-binding proteins: intracellular sensors from the calmodulin superfamily. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.2002; 290:615-23.
- 3: Ikura M, Osawa M, and Ames JB. The role of calcium-binding proteins in the control of transcription: structure to function. Bioessays2002; 24:625-36.
- 4: McCue HV, Burgoyne RD, Haynes LP. Membrane targeting of the EF-hand containing calcium-sensing proteins CaBP7 and CaBP8. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.2009; 380:825-31.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5859
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin