- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: C18orf42 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide from near the center of human C18orf42.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of C18orf42.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: C18orf42 antibody can be used for the detection of C18orf42 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for Immunocytochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: C18orf42 antibody is human specific.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 8 kDa
Observed: 12 kDa
- PURIFICATION: C18orf42 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: C18orf42 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: C18orf42 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: C18orf42
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Chromosome 18 open reading frame 42
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001138666
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 223633927
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 642597
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Little is known of the function of the protein encoded by Chromosome 18 open reading frame 18 (C18orf42), but it is preferentially expressed in neuronal tissue (1). It is thought to bind to the cAMP-dependent protein kinase A (PKA) and regulation its interaction with members of the A-kinase anchoring protein (AKAP) family (1).
- 1: Fukuda M and Aizawa Y. Hypothetical gene C18orf42 encodes a novel protein kinase A-binding protein. Genes Cells 2015; 20:267-80.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8471
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.