- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Glu29-Leu602
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 66.12 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM TrisHCl, 150mM NaCl, pH 7.5. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt.
Please aliquot the reconstituted solution to minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BCHE
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Cholinesterase, Acylcholine Acylhydrolase, Butyrylcholine Esterase, Choline Esterase II, Pseudocholinesterase, BCHE, CHE1
- Protein Accession Number: P06276
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 590
- Butyrylcholine Esterase (BCHE) is a secreted protein that belongs to the type-B carboxylesterase/lipase family. BCHE is a major acetylcholine hydrolyzing enzyme in the circulation. It is detected in blood plasma and present in most cells except erythrocytes. BCHE is an esterase with broad substrate specificity. BCHE can contribute to the inactivation of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. BCHE can degrade a large number of neurotoxic organophosphate esters. Thus, it plays important pharmacological and toxicological roles and is thought to be involved in the pathological progression. Defects in BCHE are the cause of butyrylcholinesterase deficiency (BChE deficiency) which is a metabolic disorder characterized by prolonged apnoea after the use of certain anesthetic drugs, including the muscle relaxants succinylcholine and other ester local anesthetics.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-508
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $615.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.