- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: BTLA antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the center of human BTLA.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 170 - 220 of BTLA .
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: BTLA antibody can be used for detection of BTLA by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: BTLA antibody is human specific. At least two isoforms of BTLA are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-801 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 32 kDa
- PURIFICATION: BTLA Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BTLA Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BTLA antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BTLA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BTLA Antibody : BTLA1, CD272, B- and T-lymphocyte attenuator, B- and T-lymphocyte-associated protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_861445
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 145580621
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 151888
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The B- and T-lymphocyte attenuator (BTLA) protein is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily containing a single immunoglobulin (Ig) domain (1). Like other coihibitory receptors such as CTLA-4 and PD-1, BTLA functions as a receptor that relays inhibitory signals to suppress the immune response, and can inhibit LPS-induced endotoxic shock by suppressing TLR4 signaling in innate immune cells (1,2). Polymorphisms in this gene have also been associated with an increased risk of rheumatoid arthritis (3).
- 1: Carreno BM and Collins M. BTLA: a new inhibitory receptor with a B7-like ligand. Trends Immunol. 2003; 24:524-7.
- 2: Kobayashi Y, Iwata A, Suzuki K, et al. B and T lymphocyte attenuator inhibits LPS-induced endotoxic shock by suppressing Toll-like receptor 4 signaling in innate immune cells. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2013; 110:5121-6.
- 3: Lin SC, Kuo CC, and Chan CH. Association of a BTLA gene polymorphism with a risk of rheumatoid arthritis. J. Biomed. Sci. 2006; 13:853-60.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7473
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin