- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (83%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Bst2 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of the mouse Bst2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 60 - 110 of Bst2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Bst2 antibody can be used for detection of Bst2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Bst2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Bst2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Bst2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Bst2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bst2 Antibody: GREG, Bst-2, CD317, C87040, DAMP-1, 2310015I10Rik, Bone marrow stromal antigen 2, BST-2
- Protein Accession Number: AAH87949
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 56971124
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 69550
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Bst2 Antibody: Bst2 was first identified as a novel terminal B-cell-restricted antigen termed HM1.24 that is expressed on certain bone marrow cells as well as other tissues. The surface expression of Bst2 on fibroblast cell lines facilitated the stromal cell-dependent growth of DW34, a pre-B-cell line, suggesting that this protein is involved in pre-B-cell growth. Later experiments also showed it to be upregulated in several myeloma cells. More recently, Bst2 was identified an inhibitor of retroviral release from human cells whose activity is antagonized by the HIV-1 accessory protein Vpu. While Bst2 caused retention of virions on cell surfaces or endocytosis into Bst2-positive compartments, its depletion abolished the viral requirement for Vpu for virus release. This activity may represent a potential therapeutic strategy for the treatment of HIV/AIDS.
- 1: Goto T, Kennel SJ, Abe M, et al. A novel membrane antigen selectively expressed on terminally differentiated human B cells. Blood1994; 84:1922-30.
- 2: Ishikawa J, Kaisho T, Tomizawa H, et al. Molecular cloning and chromosomal mapping of a bone marrow stromal cell surface gene, BST2, that may be involved in pre-B-cell growth. Genomics1995; 26:527-34.
- 3: Ohtomo T, Sugamata Y, Ozaki Y, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a surface antigen preferentially overexpressed on multiple myeloma cells. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.1999; 258:583-91.
- 4: Neil SJ, Zang T, and Bieniasz PD. Tetherin inhibits retrovirus release and is antagonized by HIV-1 Vpu. Nature2008; 451:425-30.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4661
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin